Wednesday, March 30, 2011

POWER: Strong Muscular Men

In our society, we identify men with big muscles and big body as strong and powerful.  Basically, we think that these kind of men are those who can do everything. Some of them were even feared by people, some where even hired as bouncers in clubs while others joins body building contests.


But what makes them powerful? Looking at their physique we could see that they have big muscles which made them look so strong and powerful. In my own experience, I have encountered these kind of men. Being enrolled in a gym together with my dad, we have encountered this kind of people. At first I really find them scary since they have super big muscles then turn out that they are actually nice people. For me, I misinterpreted the way they look. Now whenever I see them, I still look at them as a powerful figure not only by their physique but also through the way they look.


They may not have all the money to have power instead they are meant not to do feminine stuff, they're not suppose to cry and men are higher than women. In short men still do dominate the patriarchal society. On the other hand, men who who do actions which are perceived as feminine is more on the lower ranking. In this case, men should really act like men. But as we look at our society, we don't know if the strong muscular men are really MAN. In here now comes the PAMIN or those guys who are gay but acts like a men. CLOSET GAYS! They act normal, dress like men but deep inside they are feminine.

Now my opinion of power is not only through gender but on the way they act. In the book "Wild At Heart", the author said that we are being trained to act like a nice guy. A question that was asked in the book was "who do men look up to?" 




I leave the question now to you: Are REAL men possesses REAL power?

1 comment: